Winston-Salem, N.C. — Monday morning a planned fight between juveniles at Leinbach Park near Jefferson Middle School escalated into gunfire, leaving two teenage boys dead and multiple others wounded. Police said the confrontation began when two juveniles agreed to meet around 10 a.m., and a firearm discharge produced several victims at the scene. Officials, including Assistant Chief Jason Swaim and Chief William Penn, said no arrests had been made Tuesday and that investigators from the North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation are determining individuals' roles and whether those injured were suspects, victims, or witnesses; schools nearby were reported secure and parents could pick up students.
Reviewed by editorial team.
Local law enforcement and victim support services may receive additional resources and investigative attention as authorities respond to the shooting.
Two teenage boys were killed, five others were injured, and families and the local community experienced trauma and disruption after the Leinbach Park shooting.
No left-leaning sources found for this story.
Planned Teen Fight Escalates to Deadly Park Shooting
PBS.org News 4 Jax WPLG The News-Gazette WXLVNo right-leaning sources found for this story.
Comments